Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Here!

One of the most exciting parts of being an author is getting to see your book in print. I spent several months writing "The Christmas Stone" and several weeks working through the editing process with Cedar Fort (my publisher). At times, it felt like the book would never be a book, so its all the more satisfying to be holding one of these hot little puppies in my hand, fresh off the printing press. And without further ado, here it is:
   
I'm so pleased to note that come the holiday shopping season, the book will be available nationally at Borders, Barnes & Noble and regionally in Utah Costco and Walmart stores. I'm excited for you to read the book and I look forward to hearing from you.  Feel free to post your reviews on any of the product pages (Amazon.com, Borders.com, BarnesandNoble.com) or add me as a friend on Facebook.

On an unrelated note, it's been a very fun and interesting summer.  I've been able to travel to a lot of different places for work and to see friends around the country.  Here are two of the highlights.  My sister is going to animation school near Berkeley, California and she has several friends that work at Pixar. One was kind enough to arrange a tour, so this is us posing with the gang from Monster's Inc in the lobby.
 
The second highlight came just a few days ago as my cousin won a VIP contest to meet Lady Gaga in Las Vegas.  Since we were on our way to LA to see the live finale of So You Think You Can Dance, I got to go with him to the Lady Gaga meet and greet. Just so you know, this was not my typical show--I like her songs, but I'm really not a big fan of everything else she does. Still, it was cool meeting one of the big names in music today.

No comments:

Post a Comment